How to setup your account, create your site, and start sharing your first documentation pages.
Engine is a documentation service built ontop of the note-taking tool notion. It allows companies to create public-facing knowledgebases for their internal Notion documentation.
Getting started with Engine is very simple, and only takes a couple minutes to get going.
- Create an account and login to Engine.
- Navigate to the sites page and select the large "+" box to create a new site.
- Fill in the necessary information:
- Name: This name is only for internal purposes and not visible to your end-users.
- Domain: Domain must be a sub-domain of your site's domain. Example: docs.engine.so
- Complete the getting started items:
- Connect with Notion API
- Set your site's root notion page ID. Need help? Read the step-by-step guide here.
- Verify your site's domain name.
- Your setup is complete!
- Make sure you published the site. You can check this in the general tab. If you don't see anything in the publish history, click the "publish page" button.
- Now you can view your Engine site at the custom domain URL. Success!